Important note: no further major releases are planned for Avid Xpress Pro.
Real-world, real-time HD, SD, DV and film editing for Mac and PC
One box has it all. As a desktop or portable editor, Avid Xpress Pro 5.8
software combines professional video, audio, film, effects, DVD authoring,
and encoding tools?plus custom music creation tools?for both Mac and PC.
Use the same industry-standard Avid tools that are used to create nearly all
of today's feature films and prime time television shows. The Mac version has
been updated with a Universal version that fully supports both Intel and PowerPC-based
* Editing done right. Want to work with more than one HD format at the same time?
Or mix HD and SD footage? Maybe even have some film footage in the mix?
Skip the pain of transcoding. Only Avid Xpress Pro software allows you to combine
video and film formats and resolutions in their native form, on the same timeline,
in real time. Learn more.
* Equally powerful on Mac and PC. Use the most powerful machine you can find,
on the platform of your choice. With both platforms included in every box, you
can work on one platform at work, another on the road any way you need it,
no problem. Change your platform later? Just take the software with you!
* More cameras. More formats. Work with the most popular formats including HDV,
DVCPRO HD, 10-bit SD, native DV50, Sony XDCAM, Panasonic P2, and Avid DNxHD formats.
* Manage your business, not your gear. One-stop shopping. One-stop support.
Save yourself from the multiple-vendor ?blame game.?
Rest assured that trained video, audio, and storage professionals are on
hand to help you with anything you need, including set-up, troubleshooting,
and workflow consultation.
Avid Xpress Pro bundled software:
* SmartSound SonicFire Pro 4 ? orchestrate sophisticated music tracks that would otherwise require a professional music editor or composer (PC and Mac Universal
* Sorenson Squeeze 4.5 Compression Suite ? produce multimedia content straight from
the editing timeline using preset or customized easy-to-use templates
(PC and Mac Universal versions included)
* Sonic DVDit 6 for DVD production (PC only)
* Noise Industries Factory Tools 2.0 Trial ? expandable effects package with
advanced compositing and titling support for Mac users.
(Mac Only. The CD provided is a trial version which will time out after 15 days of operation. A full version may be purchased online at www.noiseindustries.com)
Technical Specifications | System Requirements
Minimum System Specifications
* Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP 32-bit Edition - Service Pack 2.
Microsoft Vista is not supported.
* System Memory: 1GB DDR2 SDRAM (2GB recommended for HD and high-stream count SD
projects: 4GB (4 x 1GB) required for HP xw8400 workstations in Avid Unity
MediaNetwork 5.0 environments
* One of the following processors: (minimum speed listed)
o Xeon 2.4 GHz (single or dual core)
o Intel Core 2 Duo 2.13 GHz
o Intel Core Duo 1.67 GHz
o Pentium 4 1.8 GHz
o Pentium M 1.8 GHz (mobile)
o Pentium D 1.7 GHz (mobile)
* Qualified graphics card (per model, as supported by system vendors)
* Qualified IEEE-1394 FireWire port (integrated or add-in card; Avid Mojo is not
supported on notebook systems with PCMCIA cards of any kind)
* 40GB or larger internal drive
* DVD-ROM or DVD+RW drive
* QuickTime 7.1 or higher; Windows Media Player 10 (with version 9.5 codecs)
The following specific graphics cards have been tested by Avid:
* NVIDIA QuadroFX 1500M
* NVIDIA Quadro FX 350M
* NVIDIA Quadro FX Go1400
* ATI Mobility FireGL V5200*
* ATI Mobility Fire GL V5000*
* ATI Mobility Radeon X600*
* Please Note: Refer to the support matrix for any specific Avid editor
version requirements regarding ATI chipsets.
The add-in PCI card must be a universal PCI card with the T.I chip set.
Qualified 1394 (FireWire) Cards for PC Workstations include
* ADS PYRO PCI 64, part #API-311 or API-315 [Required in Intel Xeon systems with
* SIIG 1394 3-Port PCI i/e, part #NN-440012
* SUNIX FWA2414
Qualified 1394 (FireWire) Cards for PC Notebooks include
* ADS PYRO 1394DV for Notebooks, part #API-601 or #API-602
* SIIG CardBus PC Card, part #NN-PCM012
* SIIG 1394 CardBus Dual, part #NN-PCM212
* IBM 1394 CardBus PC Card, part #19K5678
The boot drive should be IDE, SCSI, or SATA 7200 RPM. Do not use internal SCSI as a
boot device if you also plan on adding external SCSI drives (in which case use IDE or
* Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4.10
o Earlier versions of Mac OS X are not supported. Mac OSX Leopard is
* System Memory (same requirements for software-only, with Avid Mojo or with
Avid Mojo SDI)
o 1GB system minimum
o 2GB recommended for HD and high-stream count SD projects
o 3GB maximum ? more than 3GB will not be recognized by the system
* A graphics adapter supported by Apple ? 128MB (or higher) memory on graphics card
* Apple native FireWire, included with all qualified systems
* 40GB or larger internal SATA boot drive
* CD or DVD-ROM drive or DVD+RW drive
* QuickTime 7.2
The system requirements for Avid Xpress Pro will vary, based on whether the software is
used with Avid Mojo, and whether external storage or Avid Unity LANshare EX connectivity
Avid has tested and approved the use of Apple QuickTime version 7.2.
PCI Bus Segment Requirements for Avid Mojo & Avid Mojo SDI Avid Xpress Pro with Avid Mojo or Avid Mojo SDI requires platforms with more than one PCI bus segment whenever external storage is used. External storage includes Fibre, SCSI, FireWire and Avid Unity media networks. The configurations qualified by Avid will accommodate users? requirements for local storage and/or Avid Unity shared storage. Avid Mojo connects to the host via an IEEE-1394 cable. For proper real-time performance,Avid Mojo must connect to a PCI bus segment that is not shared with any SCSI or Fibre Channel storage controller being used for local or shared storage.
Mount or burn the iso.
1.Install Avid Xpress Pro 5.8
2.Copy avidxpresspro.exe from "Crack" folder over into the the program directory.
3.Overwrite the existing exe.