Agnitum Outpost Security Suite - a robust combination of award-winning firewall, fast and effective anti-malware, personalized antispam and proactive Host Protection module to defend against the majority of Internet risks. Includes automated configuration service and other user aids.
Outpost Security Suite Pro provides the first line of defense against rogue software by proactively controlling how programs behave and interact on a PC. The Host Protection safeguard, which proactively monitors for and blocks the kinds of sophisticated hacking techniques used to compromise or steal data, means that malicious activity is no longer possible. By analyzing threats and displaying actionable alerts, Host Protection stops zero-day attacks and shields the computer against inappropriate operations, rendering it “defended in advance” against security risks like botnets and inadvertent data disclosure.
What you get:
• Advanced firewall for secure connections
• Combined antivirus and antispyware for all-in-one malware defense
• Host protection to block zero-day threats
• Web control to protect your PC from web-borne threats
• Antispam to automatically keep your inbox junk-free
• Safety on the Internet. The two-way firewall stops inappropriate or malicious access to your computer from both internal (LAN) and external (Internet) sources. As a frontline defense, it prevents malware from spreading or “phoning home”, providing protection against hackers, loss of personal data, unknown malware, and unauthorized program activity.
• Preemptive threat protection. Outpost’s Host Protection module monitors how programs interact to protect your system against high-level security breaches and has passed all well-known leaktests to prevent unauthorized transmission of information from your PC.
• 360-degree protection against malware. The lightweight, highly-effective scanning engine combines award-winning anti-virus and anti-spyware to detect, disinfect or remove malicious programs automatically. The on-access monitor is constantly on guard against malware attempting to enter or activate on your PC, and flexible architecture ensures high-speed, low-resource scanning.
• Personalized antispam. The antispam module will keep your inbox free of junk. You can train it to recognize and use your personal definition of spam, so it becomes more efficient and an even greater time saver the longer you use it.
• Secure web surfing. The versatile Web Control module safeguards you against the Internet’s darker side. It steers you away from websites infected with drive-by downloads, prevents the inadvertent disclosure of personal information, limits your exposure to potentially unsafe web properties, and keeps your identity private.
• Bulletproof self-defense. Outpost cannot be deactivated by targeted attacks, ensuring continuity of protection.
• Power without complexity. Whether you’re a security novice or expert, you can easily configure Outpost Security Suite 2008 to meet your needs. Thanks to automated and context-sensitive help, the software can learn how to handle firewall alerts and more efficiently adjust to them, so you can focus on what you want to do, and leave the security to Outpost!
What's new in Outpost Security Suite PRO 2009 (PDF)
Changes in Outpost Security Suite Pro 2009 (6.7 2954.446.0710) (21 july 2009):
* Windows 7 beta-support
* Antivirus engine improved
The following improvements are introduced:
* Improved content filtering performance
The following issues are resolved (only significant ones are listed):
* Issues with Heuristic analysis
* Issues with configuration after computer infection
* Self-protection exclusions list was not preserved under Windows Vista
* Issues after Windows Vista SP1 loading, including:
o Services were not started
o Strange windows behavior
o Slow startup
* Several most commonly reported crashes, including:
o Possible crash in case of insufficient memory;
o Possible crash while scrolling through the Host Protection components list
* Several most commonly reported freezes, including:
o Possible freeze on scrolling the applications list
o Possible freeze on UAC dialog display
* Some visual notifications could be displayed in Entertainment Mode
* Possible problems with ICS (packets could be blocked)
* Possible problems with drivers installation
* Possible compatibility issues with KAV/KIS
* High CPU load in case of working with Lingvo X3
* Hosts file modification could not sometimes be detected
* Adding Windows/System32 folder to exclusions did not work
* Rules for EMULE.EXE were not applied
* Issues while receiving mail using The Bat!
* Incredimail could crash on mail receiving
* Rawsocket rules did not work correctly
* Content filtering rules did not work for mtorrent.exe
* Port scanning false positives on detecting UDP packet to the closed port from DNS server
* Some printer functions did not work if Outpost was installed on a computer
* Outpost could cause GUI freeze under Windows Vista 64
* Internet Explorer could crash on trying to change site properties using Quick Tune plug-in
* No Quick Tune plug-in in Internet Explorer on x64 platforms
* Update settings did not work correctly
* Registry key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetContro lSession Manager] "BootExecute" was not protected
* Incompatibility with Jaws application
* Outpost service could not start with enabled UAC
* Windows Firewall could not sometimes be disabled after Outpost installation
* Incoming NetBIOS connections were blocked even if NetBIOS check box in LAN settings was selected
* By default content is not filtered for loopback address anymore
* Music could not be played from www.imeem.com with Outpost installed
* RPC DCOM attack could not be detected
* Outpost could not sometimes detect driver load
* Outpost could detect Norton Antivirus after its uninstallation
* Incoming connections could be successfully established in case of blocking policy
* Transit packets were blocked on attempt to open web pages on VMWare
* More minor issues