- Now if you installed NIS 2007 on your computer, uninstall in first.
- Download NIS2008 and use 7zip extrack it.
- copy CLTVault.dll from installation files of NIS2007 Retail to NIS2008 Installation (Setup\Setup\App\)and replace it
- Install it.
- when you finished skip creating Norton Account, Now you can see no activation requier and day count start continue from NIS2007
1. Overwrite CLTVault.dll into the installation directory of NIS 2008 (see notes by Worawoot).
2. Uninstall NIS 2007.
3. Install NIS 2008.
4. Shutdown your computer, restart, and copy CLTVault.dll(version 126.96.36.199), that you get when you extract NIS081500.exe.
5. Paste the copied file to C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\
6. The copying process will be easy if you have dual boot(2K/XP).
7. Restart your computer.
8. Norton Protection Center shows up a red 'X' on the Taskbar but yet all the products work just fine. You may test it at http://eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm
9. You can also LiveUpdate NIS by running luall (Start-->Run-->In the 'Open' box type luall-->Click OK).