Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0 combines Symantec AntiVirus with advanced threat prevention to deliver unmatched defense against malware for laptops, desktops and servers. It seamlessly integrates essential security technologies in a single agent and management console, increasing protection and helping lower total cost of ownership
* Seamlessly integrates essential technologies such as antivirus, antispyware, firewall, intrusion prevention, device and application control.
* Requires only a single agent that is managed by a single management console.
* Provides unmatched endpoint protection from the market leader in endpoint security.
* Enables instant NAC upgrade without additional software deployment for each endpoint.
Endpoint Protection Product Tour
* Stops malware such as viruses, worms, Trojans, spyware, adware, bots, zero-day threats and rootkits.
* Prevents security outbreaks thus reducing administrative overhead.
* Lowers total cost of ownership for endpoint security.
Single Agent and Single Console
Delivers a single agent for all Symantec Endpoint Protection technologies and Symantec Network Access Control. Delivers a single integrated interface for managing all Symantec Endpoint Protection technologies and Symantec Network Access Control. All allow for a single communication method and content delivery system across all technologies.
* Provides operational efficiencies such as single software updates, single policy updates.
* Provides unified and central reporting.
* Provides unified licensing and maintenance.
* Requires no change to the client when adding Symantec Network Access Control enforcement.
* Lowers Total Cost of Ownership for endpoint security.
* Reduces administrative effort.
Proactive Threat Scanning
Behavioral-based protection that protects against zero-day threats and threats not seen before. Unlike other heuristic-based technologies, TruScanTM Proactive Threat Scan scores both the good and bad behavior of unknown applications, providing a more accurate malware detection.
* Accurately detects malware without the need to set up rule-based configurations.
* Helps lower the number of false positives.
Advanced Rootkit Detection and Removal
Provides superior rootkit detection and removal by integrating VxMS (Veritas Mapping Service—a Veritas technology), thereby providing access below the operating system to allow thorough analysis and repair.
* Detects and removes the most difficult rootkits.
* Saves time and money and productivity lossses associated with re-imaging infected machines.
Allows administrators to control access to specific processes, files, and folders by users and other applications. It provides application analysis, process control, file and registry access control, and module and DLL control. It enables administrators to restrict certain activities deemed as suspicious or high risk.
* Prevents malware from spreading or harming endpoints.
* Locks down endpoints to prevent data leakage.
Controls which peripherals can be connected to a machine and how the peripherals are used. It locks down an endpoints to prevent connections from thumb drives, CD burners, printers, and other USB devices.
* Prevents sensitive and confidential data from being extracted or stolen from endpoints (data leakage).
* Prevents endpoints from being infected by viruses spread from peripheral devices.
Optimal Client and Server Performance
Optimized client boot times and application load times enables comprehensive protection and better performance for all customer sizes and environments.
* Note: Itanium is not supported
* Intel Pentium processor or compatible architecture (32-bit and 64-bit)
Windows Operating Systems (32-bit and 64-bit versions)
* Windows 2000 Professional, Server, Advanced Server, Datacenter Server, Small Business Server with Service Pack 3 or later
* Windows XP Professional Edition with Service Pack 1 or later
* Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition, Enterprise Edition, Datacenter Edition, Web Edition, Small Business Server, Compute Cluster Server, Storage Server
* Windows Vista Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Enterprise, Ultimate