As you may already know, Peer Guardian 2 currently does not run under 64-bit operating systems in Vista and Windows 7. This torrent was created to bypass the Driver Signature Enforcement that is enabled by default in these OSes. Hence, this modded version of Peer Guardian 2 works with 64-bit versions of Windows 7 and Windows Vista as well as 32 bit versions.
Tested and supported operating systems of this release:
* Windows 98 SE
* Windows 2000
* Windows XP
* Windows XP x64 Edition
* Windows Server 2003
* Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition
* Windows Vista
* Windows Vista x64 Edition
* Windows Server 2008 Beta
* Windows 7
* Windows 7 x64 Edition
PeerGuardian 2 is Phoenix Labs' premier IP blocker for Windows. PeerGuardian 2 integrates support for multiple lists, list editing, automatic updates, and blocking all of IPv4 (TCP, UDP, ICMP, etc), making it the safest and easiest way to protect your privacy on P2P. PeerGuardian 2 is Open Source, meaning the program code is available online for anyone who wants it. Not only does this allow you to make modifications or even branch off into your own project, but it encourages peer review of the code making sure any bugs are eliminated swiftly. Because PeerGuardian 2 is Open Source, you can rest assured there are no backdoors or spyware included.
(1) Run DSEO_1.3beta.exe
(2) Click "Next", then click "Yes"
(3) Select "Enable Test Mode" and click "Next" (this clears up issues with PG2 and driver signature enforcement in 64-bit operating systems)
(4) Wait until a confirmation box pops-up and press "OK"
(5) Exit DSEO and restart your computer (you must restart in order for PG2 to work!)
(6) After restart, run "pg2.exe" in the directory "PeerGuardian2 x64", there should be no driver error opening PG2 now
(7) You're done with the installation now :)