Adobe Illustrator CS4 software is a comprehensive vector graphics environment with new transparency in gradients and multiple artboards
that invite you to explore more efficient ways to design.
- Drawing tools are intuitive - The new Blob Brush tool for natural sketching results in a single, filled object. Advanced path controls
and graphic styles make drawing with vectors intuitive.
- You can design with multiple artboards - Create files containing up to 100 artboards of varying sizes. Display the artboards any way
you want - overlapping, side by side, or stacked.
- There's help out there - Find community websites, associations, user groups, and blogs that all have the same interest in mind: Adobe Illustrator.
Top New Features
- Multiple artboards - Create files containing up to 100 artboards of varying sizes and display them any way you want - overlapping,
side by side, or stacked. Save, export, and print artboards independently ortogether. Save a selected range or all artboards as a multipage PDF file.
- Transparency in gradients - Define the opacity of any individual color stop in a gradient. Reveal underlying objects and images,
and create rich color and texture mixes using multiple layers, knockouts, and cover-up fades.
- Blob Brush tool - Sketch with a brush that generates a single clean vector shape, even when strokes overlap. Draw naturally,
using the Blob Brush tool together with the Eraser and Smooth tools.
- Gradients exposed - Interact with gradients right on your object. Set gradient angle, position, and elliptical dimensions.
Add and edit colors using sliders - all with immediate feedback where you work.
- Integration and delivery - Collaborate with your team, work across products, and deliver almost anywhere thanks to integrated
tools and extensive format support. Confidently design for print, interactive experiences, motion effects, and more.
- Enhanced user experience - Stay in the creative groove thanks to interface improvements that include on-object controls.
Interact with tools smoothly, and increase your efficiency using new timesaving features and shortcuts.
- In-panel appearance editing - Edit object characteristics directly in the Appearance panel, eliminating the need to open fill,
stroke, or effects panels. Work with shared attributes and control display for faster rendering.
- Refined graphic styles - Combine styles for unique effects and increased efficiency, and apply styles without disturbing an
object's existing appearance. Enjoy new thumbnail previews and an expanded library of prebuilt styles.
- Clipping masks demystified - Work with masks more easily by viewing only the clipped area of your objects during editing.
Take advantage of Isolation Mode, and use Edit Clipping Path for even more control.
- Separations Preview - Avoid color output surprises such as unexpected spot colors, unwanted overprinting, overprints that
don't overprint, white overprinting, and CMYK blacks in text and placed files.