The Ultimate Solution for Your Digital Life.
Nero 8 Ultra Edition, the newest version of the world’s best-selling multimedia suite, brings the digital world to your PC. Now it’s easy to organize and manage all your multimedia files, as well as create and edit new digital content. Nero’s sleek design and user-friendly tools make completing projects fun and enjoyable.
Nero 8 Startsmart
* NEW User-friendly and intuitive interface
* NEW One-click Rip, Burn and Copy functions
* NEW Easy export and share to YouTube™, MySpace® and My Nero
* High Definition format support
* Stream to Xbox 360™ and PlayStation® 3
* Backup files to CDs, DVDs, HD DVDs, and
* Optimized for Windows Vista®
* Continual free updates and so much more!
Nero StartSmart makes creating projects fun and simple.
Nero StartSmart 8 – One-Click Project LauncherNero StartSmart, the project launcher for Nero 8 Ultra Edition, lets you directly access features and perform one-click functions. The intuitive interface makes creating and managing digital projects easy and enjoyable. Optimized for use with Windows Vista®, Nero StartSmart even has an integrated newsfeed system.
Nero 8 Ultra Edition is the solution for your multimedia projects
Nero Vision 5 – Video Editing and AuthoringNero 8 Ultra Edition has the tools to help you handle all your multimedia projects. Whether you plan to create a music mix with MP3 files, edit vacation videos, touch up digital photos, make a slide show, or convert content to play on a mobile device, your results will be professional and dynamic.
Nero 8 Ultra Edition takes home entertainment around the house
Nero Home 3 – Media Management SystemOrganize and manage all your multimedia files with Nero’s home media center. Nero 8 Ultra Edition lets you use your Xbox 360™ or PlayStation® 3 to stream High Definition video content and surround sound audio files to enjoy in the comfort of any room in your house.
Nero 8 Ultra Edition offers increased data security
SecurDisc Viewer – View SecurDisc protected filesNo more worries over losing data! Nero 8 Ultra Edition has back up features that let you rest easy knowing your data is safe in case of a complete system crash or a damaged disc. Recover your data quickly and easily and create discs that are password protected. SecurDisc technology gives you peace of mind.
General System Requirements
* DVD-ROM drive for the installation
* Windows® 2000 (SP4 or later), Windows® XP (SP1 or later), Windows® Server™ 2003 (SP1 or later), Windows® XP Media Center Edition Windows Vista®
Gadgets are not available for Windows Vista® x64
Nero ImageDrive currently supports Windows® 2000 and Windows® XP (32 Bit only)
* Windows® XP Professional x64, Windows® Vista® x64 (all applications except InCD, and Nero Scout work in the x86 emulator, which allows 32-bit applications to run)
* DirectX 9.0c or better
* Windows® Internet Explorer® 6.0 or higher
* 1 GHz Intel® Pentium® III processor, AMD Sempron™ 2200+ or equivalent
* Minimum 256 MB RAM (for Windows Vista® minimum 512 MB RAM)
* 1.2 GB hard drive space for standard installation of all components
* Up to 9 GB available drive space for DVD images and temporary DVD files
* Graphics card with at least 32 MB video memory and a minimum resolution of 800 x 600 pixels and 16-bit color settings. However, we recommend 24-bit or 32-bit for true color.
* CD and/or DVD/DVD-RAM recorder
* Installation of the latest WHQL (Microsoft® Windows® Hardware Quality Labs) certified device driver strongly recommended
* Internet connection with DSL 1000 speed or higher for the registration and the update of the Nero 8 help files and other functions. It is also required for the activation of the complete functional range (DVD, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, and AVC), which will be required 30 days after installation. This activation is free of charge. The costs for the Internet connection are carried by the user.
* To install Nero 8 you must have administrative rights for all operating systems higher than Windows® 2000.
* For capturing and burning in real time: at least 1.6 GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 processor or AMD Sempron™ 2600+
* At least 1.4 GHz Intel® Pentium® processor with 256 RAM for TV recording and DVD video editing
* Drive with SecurDisc™ support
* 16-bit Windows® compatible sound devices and speakers
Specific Requirements for Each Application
* DVD-Video Multichannel Plug-in, DVD-Video Plug-in, and/or Multichannel Plug-in* for DVD playback
* Graphics card with hardware overlay support
* TV tuner or video capture card for analog or digital (DVB-T, DVB-S, DVB-C, and ATSC) recording, compatible with the BDA (Broadcast Driver Architecture) driver standard. Nero Home does not support video recording via FireWire® (OHCI 1394).
* List of compatible devices.
* DVD-Video Multichannel Plug-in or DVD-Video Plug-in and/or Multichannel Plug-in* for DVD functions and encoding in Dolby® Digital 2-channel
* For EPG support an XML file is needed from a third party
* Analog or digital TV card (analog, DVB-T, DVB-S, DVB-C, and ATSC) to the BDA driver standard
* Certified UPnP™ devices for streaming with the Nero MediaHome server (you will find a list of the certified UPnP™ devices at http://www.upnp-ic.org/certification/default.asp#devices)
* FireWire® (IEEE 1394) Controller for DV capturing
* USB recording device (web cam)
* Analog or digital TV card (analog, DVB-T, DVB-S, DVB-C, and ATSC) according to the BDA driver standard
* DirectShow compatible video capture card (optional)
* Graphics card with 3D accelerator and at least 64 MB video memory for Smart3D templates
* Blu-ray/HD DVD Video-Plug-in for playing Blu-ray and/or HD DVD media
Nero Mobile (Free 30-Day Trial)
* Cellular phone or PDA with Windows® Mobile 2003 for PocketPC, Microsoft® PocketPC Phone Edition, Microsoft® Smartphone Second Edition (SE) Windows Mobile 5.0
* Intel® XScale™, minimum clock speed required: 200 MHz (Audio + Video Soft), 24 MHz (LC AAC Audio), 78 MHz (HE-AAC Audio)
Freescale i.MX21/31, mimimum clock speed required: 200 MHz (Audio + Video Soft),24 MHz (LC AAC Audio), 78 MHz (HE-AAC Audio)
ARM®4 compatible, minimum clock speed required: 200 MHz (Audio + Video Soft),24 MHz (LC AAC Audio), 78 MHz (HE-AAC Audio)
TI OMAP 17xx/24xx
* 4 MB hard drive space required for a full installation
* Microsoft® ActiveSync, USB cable, and/or Bluetooth® connection for the communication between smartphone/PDA and computer
* To continue the use of Nero Mobile, an upgrade to Nero Mobile Pro is available at www.nero.com.
Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, Nero BackItUp
* LightScribe® capable recorder (LightScribe® host software must be installed) and LightScribe® capable disc
* LabelFlash™ capable recorder and LabelFlash™ capable disc
* Blu-ray recorder and disc
* HD DVD recorder and HD DVD
* SecurDisc™ capable drive (only Nero Express)
* DVD-Video Multichannel Plug-in, or DVD-Video Plug-in, and/or Multichannel Plug-in* for DVD video recording and the "DVD-9-to-5" function.
* Multi-core processor
* LightScribe® recorder (LightScribe® host software must be installed) and LightScribe® disc
* LabelFlash™ recorder and LabelFlash™ disc
InCD, InCD Reader
* SecurDisc™ capable drive to remove duplication protection from SecurDisc™ discs
* SecurDisc™ capable drive with SecurDisc™ protected disc
MCE Plug-ins (Nero Burn™ and Nero Burn Settings, Nero MediaStreaming™)
* Windows Vista® Home Premium or Windows Vista® Ultimate with Media Center or Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005 Rollup 2
* At least 1.6 GHz or equivalent processor, 256 MB RAM
* Graphics card with overlay support, at least 8 MB video memory and a minimum resolution of 800 x 600 pixels and 16-bit color settings. However, 24-bit or 32-bit true color is recommended
* Nero MediaHome 2.0 must be installed on the server (when using the Nero Media-Streaming MCE Plug-in)
Mini Application Nero DiscCopy
* Windows Vista®
Additional System Requirements for Blu-ray disc and HD DVD
* Blu-ray Disc or HD DVD capable drive with recorder function for data, audio and video
* Windows® XP (SP2 or later), Windows® Server™ 2003 (SP1 or later), Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005 or later, Windows Vista®
* 2 GHz Intel® Pentium® IV processor, AMD Sempron™ 3000+ or faster
* Minimum 512 MB RAM
* Windows® Internet Explorer® 6.0 or higher
* DirectX 9.0c (October 10, 2006) or higher
Additional Requirements for Playing Protected High-Resolution Content
* One of the following processors with at least the specified clock speed: AMD Athlon 64 FX 2.6 GHz, AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.2 GHz, AMD Turion 64 X2 2 GHz, Intel® CoreDuo 2 GHz, Intel® Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz, Intel® Pentium® Extreme Edition 3.2 GHz, Intel® Pentium® D 3.4 GHz
* Minimum 1 GB RAM
* Up to 50 GB free hard drive space for Blu-ray Disc BD-R/RE dual layer disc images
* Up to 30 GB free drive space for HD DVD-R/RW dual layer disc images
* Minimum Windows® XP (SP2) for 32-bit systems
* Minimum Vista® for 64-bit systems
* AACS support by means of the installed Blu-ray Disc or HD DVD drive
* Graphics card with at least 256 MB video RAM based on . nVidia GeForce 6600GT, 7600GT, 7800GTX512, 7900GS, 7900GT, 7900GX, 7900GTX, 7950GT, 7950GTX, 8500, 8600, 8800, 8400M, 8600M or new . ATI X1600, X1650, X1800, X1900, X1950, Radeon HD series or newer in one of the following board and screen combinations: . PCI-Express/Onboard video board with built-in display (e.g. notebook or integrated PC) . PCI-Express video board with support for DVI/HDMI and HDCP, screen/television with HDMI input or HDCP supported DVI input . PCI-Express video board with VGA output and VGA monitor . PCI-Express video board with component video output and video output, CGMS-A and Macrovision support, television or projector. On analog monitors some discs display only at low resolution or not at all.
* Latest graphics drivers with COPP support (ATI Catalyst 7.12, nVidia ForceWare 169.21 (Windows XP), ForceWare 169.25 (Windows Vista®) or newer recommended.
* Microsoft® .Net Framework 2.0 must be installed prior to Nero Suite in order to play interactive HDi content on HD DVD-Video
* For optimal resolution, the graphics card and the screen should support HDCP - some combinations of graphics card and screen produce poor resolution
* Internet connection for updating AACS keys. These are needed in order to play AACS protected Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD videos. See the respective device manual to determine whether a screen or TV device supports HDCP.
Optional System Requirements for Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD
* HD capable video board and DVB(-T) adapter
* TV tuner or video capture board for analog recording. You will find a list of compatible devices here.
* FireWire® controller conforming to OHCI (IEEE 1394) for HDV recording